Friday, January 25, 2008

Pork Stir Fry

Yesterday we took the Menu for Mom suggestion and made it our own. They suggested Quick Pork Lo Mein. I made it stir fry. I don't like Ramen noodles, and I couldn't find them at the store, so I didn't worry about it. I made rice and added vegetable bouillon. (I think I forgot to put in all the water for the rice, became it cooked weird. It tasted fine-maybe a little dry- but it cooked. I chopped up red and green bell peppers and green onion and sauteed them in olive oil. When they were about done I added my cooked pork loin. Then finally put in the broccoli I accidentally cooked instead of defrosted from the microwave. Heated it up and served them with peaches on the side.

daughter7-ate the meat from the stir fry, raw baby carrots, and peaches
son5-ate the broccoli from the stir fry and peaches
son3-ate his rice and daughter7's rice, everything but the peppers from the stir fry and peaches
mom-ate two helpings of stir fry with rice and peaches

I thought it was really good. But that is usually what happens when I make stir fry. Dad and I eat it and the kids pick at it.

No comments: