I started something new. I found a website that will plan your menus for free. There are a lot of sites out there that will help you plan your menus but most have a fee and the meals usually have ingredients I need to buy that I can't imagine myself buying (too fancy for my taste). The site is Menu for Moms. So far the ingredients are my staple ingredients and things I cook on occasion. It focuses on preparing for more than one meal at a time and freezing ingredients for quicker preparation later. And it is free which to me is a great thing. So I am trying it out.
The first meal (Monday's) on this weeks menu was Chicken Enchiladas, Refried Beans, and Spanish rice. I also put apple sauce on the table. We didn't have a vegetable today. After all the preparation I put into this meal (because it was the first one), I just wanted it on the table. There were veggies in the enchiladas and rice. Not that they did my kids any good because I didn't put the veggies in their enchiladas (green peppers and onions) and no child ate enough rice to count as a vegetable serving.
After making this meal I have onions and cooked chicken in my freezer for the next time.
*I will not be putting the recipes fro Menus for Moms in this blog. If you are interested, you can go to their site. I will blog any alterations that I do to the recipe.*
dad-said it was surprisingly good. He ate everything. And packed some for his lunch the next day.
daughter7-ate two servings of applesauce and one bite of her rice. She then went to the kitchen and had a banana.
son5-said that the enchiladas were so good that he would eat them forever. He ate mostly the outside of the enchilada (tasted like quesidillas-his favorite food). Ate two servings of applesauce.
son3-ate three servings of apple sauce and the enchilada
mom-I also thought it was surprisingly good. I like enchiladas but have never made them with cream of chicken soup and sour cream. I really liked them. The refried beans turned out well too.
A little warning about menus for moms. Like I said before it focuses on having ingredients in the freezer or already in the fridge, so the first couple of days are a little intense, because you are starting from scratch.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment