Monday, January 28, 2008

Fried Pork Loin

Sorry but what ever days are between this posts and my last one are lost for eternity. It was a crazy weekend on the eating front, so we will just forget them.

As for today, we had fried pork loin. When I bought the pork loin I had the butcher cut half for the pork loin last week and the rest into steaks. I cooked six of them today and still have six in my freezer. Plus I have some cooked pork also in the freezer. The Menu for Moms suggested breading and baking the pork. Well I needed it faster than that, because I didn't start dinner on time, so I floured and fried it. There was also a zucchini herb casserole suggested which I did make. I made frozen bread rolls. We also had peaches.

Everything turned out fine. Just late.

dad-said the casserole was surprisingly good. said the pork chops were juicy, and the rolls were very good. the meal was a success.
daughter7-said the casserole was good, but only ate what she had to to get a second roll. if she ate the pork it was not enough to tell. ate her peaches.
son5-ate what he had to of the casserole. not sure if he ate any pork, ate a roll and peaches.
son3-ate most of his casserole. again not sure if he ate any pork, ate a roll and peaches.
mom-ate a serving of everything. I liked the casserole, but I'm not sure it I'd make it again. there were a lot of steps involved for a side dish. everything tasted good.

2 comments:

mj said...

Hi!

I read your fried pork loin posting and the first thing I did was scroll down to see how well your kids like zucchini. Last night, I made Italian chicken and rice while momma was at choir practice, served with a side of steamed veggies. I had the hardest time trying to get my middle son to eat his zucchini. My kids eat everything, but zucchini has been a consistent battle, with exception of patties. Any suggestions?

CaGeSJaMToo (aka Sam) said...

Try making zucchini in more flavorful varieties first to get them to enjoy it. Fried zucchini; breaded-and-fried zucchini; sliced thin and cooked over low heat with plenty of butter until it falls apart zucchini. Once they get it into their heads that zucchini is a "good" food, they eat it in more varied forms. Like yesterday we had roasted zucchini, simple, and they ate it because it is a "good" food (one they like).

Hope this helps!