Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Roast

On Sunday, we had Roast. It was son3's birthday (he is now officially three). He said yes to whatever I asked him he wanted for dinner so I picked roast. My father-in-law raises beef cattle so we get our beef for free. This last cow we got came with very big roasts. It wouldn't fit in my crock pot. Dad had to cut it in half with the knife and a rubber mallet while it was frozen.

I put the roast with 3 or 4 bouillon cubes and some chopped onion in the crock pot before we left for church. After church, I made mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, corn, and pineapple. We had dad's parents, sister, and her husband over for dinner.

Everyone ate well. We made sure the kids at least ate their fruit and green beans. I think everyone ate their meat as well.

I hadn't made a big dinner like that for a while. It was good. And easy.

No comments: