Yesterday we had Chili Mac. I took 4 cups of the leftover chili, added 2 cups of water, 1 Tbsp of chili powder, and 3 cups of pasta (rotini). Put it in a pot; brought it to a boil; then turned down the heat to medium for about 25 minutes.
Veggie=green beans, fruit=apple slices
daughter7-said she wasn't hungry; ate everything; wanted seconds on mac.
son5-had cheese on side; ate green beans, apples, and cheese; ate one bite of mac
son3-had cheese on side; ate apples and cheese; told him he had to eat beans and then did
mom-ate everything (cheese on top of mac); had seconds of mac.
It was good, but needed more flavor. Dad wasn't home for dinner, but took a bite of the mac to help me figure out what was missing. He thinks I should use tomato juice/sauce instead of water. I will have to try that next time.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment