Monday, January 7, 2008

Pasta with Tomatoes and Parmesan

Today was Pasta with Tomatoes and Parmesan. I cooked rainbow rotini and cut up tomatoes. Green beans (both from a can and freeze-dried) was the vegetable; and apple sauce was the fruit.

dad-rotini, tomatoes, parmesan, freeze-dried green beans, and apple sauce
daughter7-rotini with parmesan and apple sauce, ate tomatoes for vegetable
son5-rotini with parmesan, canned green beans, and apple sauce (2x)
son3-rotini with parmesan (2x), canned green beans, apple sauce (2x)
mom-piled rotini, freeze-dried green beans, tomatoes, and parmesan on top of each other; apple sauce

Everyone ate well. I thought it wasn't as good as normal, but I was also eating it cold. I don't like cold food. Daughter7 used to eat green beans really well. I had green beans I canned from my garden for many years and have recently ran out. I am wondering if she got so used to that taste that she doesn't like any other kinds. She will eat them, but she fusses about it in the process. There certainly won't be any home canned green beans in the house for a while.

2 comments:

Emy5 said...

Thumbs up for growing and canning your own green beans.

Nettie said...

I'm impressed you canned your own green beans, too. I have a hard enough time just trying to grow them!

And I bet you are right about developing a preference for home canned. I used to can grape juice from my parent's concords. When we moved away we couldn't stand to drink the kind you get from the store. Its been awhile so we are drinking it again. There just isn't anything as tasty as the home canned stuff!